The Industry's Leading Source For F&I, Sales And Technology

F&I Products

AdVantageTec, California Coastal Commission to Raise Funds for Coastal Conservation

November 08, 2011

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — AdVantageTec announced it has partnered with the California Coastal Commission to promote the Whale Tail Ecoplate, a specialty license plate created to raise funds for coastal conservation and environmental efforts.

AdVantageTec’s automotive dealership TV network will display the specialty license plate in showrooms and waiting areas throughout California, showing the new design on TVs while describing the benefits to the environment, according to the company. The new design is the result of a public contest in which two winners were selected to collaborate and freshen the design while maintaining the popular Whale Tail theme. 

“Our dealers have had great success using our narrowcasting solution on their existing TVs. We resize live TV to 85 percent of the screen and use the remaining 15 percent to inform and engage their in-store customers,” said Thomas Jung, AdVantageTec CEO and co-founder. “It is a testament to our automotive dealer network across California — they are helping raise awareness of the new Whale Tail Ecoplate at the point of sale and service to the benefit of our communities.”

AdVantageTec’s digital signage solution allows for real-time messaging on a TV screen while keeping existing TV programs running, according to the company. The solution allows for highly targeted messaging and is ideal for businesses with waiting areas.

A portion of the funds raised by the Whale Tail Ecoplate are awarded in grants to local efforts throughout the state, according to AdVantageTec. Whale Tail funds also support coastal preservation, coastal access pathways, wildlife protection and pollution prevention.

“We are excited to showcase the new design visually on automobile dealership TVs to help raise awareness of the WhaleTail Ecoplate and its benefits to California,” said Christiane Parry, California Coastal Commission director of public programs.

Your Comment

Please note that comments may be moderated. 
Leave this field empty:
Your Name:  
Your Email:  

CLOSE [X]

READ NEXT

Ford Credit Launches Lincoln-Branded Captive

Ford Motor Credit Company announced the launch of Lincoln Automotive Financial Services (LAFS), a new captive established to serve Lincoln customers.