Software & Technology

Sonic Automotive Selects Phantom Footprints Theft Deterrent

October 12, 2006

Austin, Texas—Sonic Automotive recently announced that it has selected Phantom Footprints Security Label System, designed by 3M, exclusively for Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS) to market in Sonic Automotive dealerships.

Phantom Footprints Security Label contains a unique I.D. number and marks that number onto the vehicle’s major sheet metal parts, such as fenders, hoods, doors, trunk lids and quarter panels. The labels imprint a “phantom image” of that unique I.D. number onto the part on which it is placed. Phantom Footprints are recognized by auto theft investigators throughout the United States.

“After extensive product due diligence, we determined that IAS’ product best met our needs,” Sonic Automotive president and chief operating officer Jeffrey C. Rachor said. “The product is simple, yet we believe that it will provide significant value and protection to our customers.”

Comments

1. 1. Mike [ February 14, 2012 @ 08:59AM ]

yea they try to ad this to me with out my knowledge but its ok now, they did ad this to my moms car purchase she refused to get but were sneaking put it in, how do I reach this company as we asked Sonic to remove it days later and said this company would not, but the car never had been specially number as mine was not unless they put it on all of them, they said its bird poop and dent protection whats up with that, who is phantom footprints?

2. 2. John [ April 04, 2012 @ 04:24PM ]

Another Sonic dealership tried to add it to the final car purchase...Balked and told 'em I'd walk! No doubt I would have. Just another profit making fee that Sonic is adding.

3. 3. Fred [ September 11, 2012 @ 08:07AM ]

This product is a sad knockoff of Vin-Mark

4. 4. M [ November 11, 2013 @ 06:31PM ]

I was offered this product at the finance checkout during my purchase of a used Honda Civic. I elected to purchase it. I thought that, for an extra $100, it was a good value. Honda's get stolen quite a bit. Not bad for 100 bucks.
    YMMV

5. 5. Bob Jenkins [ February 21, 2014 @ 08:24AM ]

InvisibleVin is a far more superior product...no annoying stickers all over the car, and has my full VIN not some silly alpha numeric number. LOL

6. 6. Lisa Stary [ February 29, 2016 @ 08:54PM ]

I prefer that the Phantom Footprints already be added into the purchase price, and the buyer be told it is a perk! It is discouraging for a $16k car to end up $20k with all the additions. It would be nice to feel like we are getting a "free bee", although we know nothing is free, especially at a car dealer! It just feels better to the buyer. 😜

CLOSE [X]

READ NEXT

RouteOne and MaximTrak Announce Integration Partnership

Farmington Hills, Mich.—RouteOne LLC and Maxim Automotive Products LLC recently announced that they have partnered in order to provide RouteOne and Maxim's shared dealership customers with a fully integrated F&I menu system, in order to increase profits, promote compliance and increase efficiency within the finance department.