Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 phone calls, over an hour wasted on hold, and I still dont have an answer to the question:

Customer has an approval for 8500 limited to "100% value of the motorcycle based on USAA's value".

MSRP is 6999
Sale price is 6499

How friggin much money will USAA honor on the draft? 6499?, 6999? or upto 8500???

"whether you think you can, or think you can't...you're right."

Marv

Monaco
8026 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:14:48  Show Profile  Send Marv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Roll the bike. They use NADA and you're well below the MSRP/retail. I have the same problems with those sumbitches but mine usually is about combating them on rate/term. They are aggressive.

Marv.....

The secret of life is to find the right woman and to be the right man.
Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sale price Marv, is 6499. Add freight, prep, TT&L, and I'm at 7885. If the approval is only good for 6999, I have a non-fundable deal unless the customer coughs up $900, or does he need $1400, or do I have an 8500 approval and we are good to go for funding?

THAT, is the dilemma.

Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FINALLY...someone willing to give me both an answer and their name/extension. I have 8500, customer is on his way in now.

Go to Top of Page

Marv

Monaco
8026 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:52:49  Show Profile  Send Marv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Max is 100% Nada Retail for used/100% MSRP new. INCLUSIVE of all taxes, fees, B/E products. Customer must fund the difference. Move him to a used bike that was traded if he has no cash and use the retail value. I asked my assistant and she confirmed this. I also called USAA again to verify and they concurred.

Good Luck......
I hate USAA.

Marv..........

Go to Top of Page

Marv

Monaco
8026 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:55:44  Show Profile  Send Marv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Side bar: The percentage can change, obviously, with their "A & B" customers. Sometimes as high as 125%. FYI

Marv.......

Go to Top of Page

dave0156

USA
221 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  11:14:09  Show Profile  Visit dave0156's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the customer has good credit, USAA will pretty much give him whatever he wants, at whatever rate he says you can match and at whatever term makes the payment be whatever he wants.

Roll it.

evman.com "the e-source for re-source".
Go to Top of Page

Marv

Monaco
8026 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  11:44:40  Show Profile  Send Marv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whores of the banking industry. I usually piss off the customer when I tell them after they've informed me that USAA will match any rate or term I offer..."Gee, Mr. Customer! Doesn't it make you wonder how much rate they've been making on you all these years and how MUCH money they make off you each time you do biz with them? I mean like, I've offered you my best rate and term right up front to show you how sincere I am. Why didn't USAA do that?" Dirty bastards.

Hate them sumbitches........GRRRRRRR!!

Marv......

Go to Top of Page

WBCSS

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  20:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marv. Why not piss off USAA? When I've run across these "they will match anything you have to offer" I give the cust a 2.9% rate. I then let the cust call USAA or the CU and they always match it to save face. But, be prepared to buy it down if they piss backwards on you. I've only had this happen once in the last several years. But the rest of the B/E usually made up for it.

" Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, It will teach you to keep your mouth shut " Ernest Hemmingway
Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  07:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$%^*(&)(*)(*)&*%^$ USAA. Now those bstrds are refusing to fund the deal cause the approval they now say, was for UPTO 8500 or the value of the bike, whichever is the lesser of the two.

Nevermind that their rep told me differently on the phone,
nevermind that I asked that very question repeatedly, and vainly, in search of an answer PRIOR to delivery,
nevermind that our bike has been "on the road" for a week now...

rotten, no good, sumbiatches.

Go to Top of Page

gadna50

Ireland
14905 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JimD

FINALLY...someone willing to give me both an answer and their name/extension. I have 8500, customer is on his way in now.

JimD....Thats why you kept this right,????

GADNA
Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yes, I've got thsat info.
My customer is here, and we have both been on the phone with these bstrds for over an hour so far. They tell him one thing, he hands me the phone for confirmation, then they tell me something different.

Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh and get this...even while telling me they wont loan "that much", they are trying to sell him cdt insurance.

Edited by - JimD on 01/12/2007 08:19:22
Go to Top of Page

gadna50

Ireland
14905 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whoevers name and extensions # you have I would be demanding a supervisor, Don't they record there conversations.???

GADNA
Go to Top of Page

Marv

Monaco
8026 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:29:17  Show Profile  Send Marv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JimD

oh and get this...even while telling me they wont loan "that much", they are trying to sell him cdt insurance.

I repeat and embellish my earlier comment ****ing whores of the banking industry.The secret of life is to find the right woman and to be the right man.

Edited by - Marv on 01/12/2007 08:31:32
Go to Top of Page

JimD

USA
11966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
resolved....supposedly. We're to get a Fed-Ex tomorrow with our check in it. If it isnt for $8500 even, I've already advised my DP to call his law firm and file suit.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
F&I Forum © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000