OXNARD, Calif. — CalAmp Corp., a provider of wireless products, services and solutions, launched Ecotrac, a GPS-based tracking and stolen vehicle recovery (SVR) system.
Originally developed by CalAmp exclusively for MOC Products Company Inc., the Ecotrac SVR system was previously available only through MOC sales channels.
The Ecotrac SVR system is targeting owners of new and used cars, trucks and recreational vehicles. Ecotrac is built around CalAmp’s GPS satellite tracking technology, nationwide GSM cellular modem and user-friendly Web-based application software. The system can pinpoint the location of autos and other mobile assets anywhere — on the road, in a garage or in a parking structure.
The Ecotrac hardware communicates via the GSM wireless data network across North America. Users view the location of their vehicle on a password-protected, secure Website where special software features allow them to monitor and control the status of the vehicle, and even initiate recovery via professional law enforcement if it is stolen.
Ecotrac’s Web-based application software allows users to:
• View vehicle location online at any time on street-level digital maps and satellite views − details include direction, street address and speed
• Create speed, movement and “geo-fence” limits on how and where a vehicle is driven, and receive exception alerts when breaches occur
• Remotely control vehicle door locks and starter-interrupt to disable/enable the vehicle
• Establish or change settings by phone or online
• Receive notifications via e-mail, text message or phone whenever an alert is triggered
• Schedule future actions with an easy-to-use scheduling feature
• Program and upgrade the Ecotrac hardware over-the-air
• Enjoy tamper-proof performance thanks to an unobtrusive internal antenna design
The Ecotrac protection system also offers other benefits, including personal/teen car tracking, and law enforcement and public works vehicle dispatch. The sale price will include all hardware, system activation and pre-packaged cellular airtime required for system usage. Renewal plans and additional airtime can be purchased online when needed.