Atlanta, Ga. — Safe-Guard announced this week it has forged a new partnership with Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services. Tire-and-wheel protection plans administered by Safe-Guard will be available to Toyota and Lexus buyers and lessees in dealer showrooms beginning Dec. 9.
Developed through a partnership with Toyota Financial Services and in collaboration with Toyota and Lexus dealers, the plans include:
- Full tire replacement (no plugs or patches; customers receive a new tire with a qualified claim, including for run-flat and aftermarket tires)
- Wheel replacement (when damage to the wheel prevents a seal between the tire and wheel)
- No limit to the number of claims; no aggregate dollar limit
- Towing Reimbursement (up to $100 when road hazard damage to the tire or wheel)
- Related costs for labor and fees
- One-time transferability of benefits should the Toyota or Lexus vehicle be sold to a private party
Through this plan, dealers will also have an option to offer cosmetic wheel repair for wheel scuffs and dings (option not available in all states), as well as an option to offer paintless dent repair and windshield repair.
“We’re pleased to have partnered with Toyota Financial Services to build and offer this whole new level of customer care,” said Dave Duncan, president of Safe-Guard. “Americans are spending more time on the road; average commute time is over 25 minutes with over 10 million people commuting an hour or more to work each day, and tire-and-wheel replacement can be a substantial out of pocket expense.
“Safe-Guard’s tire-and-wheel products add safety, security and peace of mind for Toyota and Lexus customers in the event their tires or wheels become damaged as a result of a road hazard. And it’s a greater opportunity for dealers to increase sales, customer retention, and build Toyota brand advocates.”
Interested Toyota and Lexus buyers should contact their local dealer to confirm the availability of tire-and-wheel protection plans.