IRVINE, Calif. — Following head-to-head testing, evaluation and data analysis of 2020 model-year vehicles, the experts at Kelley Blue Book announced its 2020 Best Buy Award winners. The awards honor the top new model-year vehicles available in the U.S. market in 16 major categories, along with Kelley Blue Book’s newest award introduced last year, Best New Model.
The awards put a special emphasis on value-per-dollar in both purchase and ownership experience. For 2020, the all-new Kia Telluride takes home top honors as Best New Model for its “impressive combination of innovation and value in one of the hottest segments in the marketplace,” according to a release.
Read: Escalating Finance Costs Drive 24% Spike in TCO
“We understand how overwhelming it can be to shop for a new car, with so many considerations about hundreds of choices and many brand-new nameplates hitting the market every year,” said Karl Brauer, executive publisher for Kelley Blue Book. “For more than 90 years, Kelley Blue Book has helped shoppers find the right vehicle at the right price. The Best Buy Awards were designed to help consumers shop confidently by doing the heavy lifting for them.”
More than 300 new models were put through a year-long regimen of expert evaluation and testing, with a specific focus on the best combination of quality, safety, comfort, driving dynamics, dependability, low ownership costs and affordability. Experts also analyzed a wide array of vehicle-related data, including vehicle pricing, Kelley Blue Book’s 5-Year Cost to Own data, consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information.
This year’s category winners are:
- Best New Model: 2020 Kia Telluride
- Compact Car: 2020 Honda Civic
- Midsize Car: 2020 Honda Accord
- Subcompact SUV: 2020 Hyundai Kona
- Compact SUV: 2020 Honda CR-V
- Midsize SUV (2-Row): 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Midsize SUV (3-Row): 2020 Kia Telluride
- Full-Size SUV: 2020 Ford Expedition
- Minivan: 2020 Honda Odyssey
- Pickup Truck (Midsize): 2020 Chevrolet Colorado
- Pickup Truck (Full-Size): 2020 Ford F-150
- Electric Car: 2020 Hyundai Kona Electric
- Plug-in Hybrid Car: 2020 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid
- Subcompact Luxury SUV: 2020 Audi Q3
- Compact Luxury SUV: 2020 Audi Q5
- Midsize Luxury SUV: 2020 BMW X5
- Luxury Car: 2020 Lexus ES
For full coverage of the 2020 Best Buy Awards, including full editorial comments about each model, pricing details, videos, and more, click here.
Read: Average New Vehicle Prices Up Nearly 3% in October
Originally posted on Auto Dealer Today
See all comments