So Here's the Deal

Selling Warranty Compliance Plans

December 4, 2017

Do-it-yourself customers will tell you they prefer to save a few bucks by performing their own maintenance. F&I trainer has the perfect response for this common objection.

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I training, prepaid maintenance plan, warranty

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, December 4, 2017 4:33 PM | » Comments(0)

Handling the ‘Last Car’ Objection

Older clients who say they are buying their last car need to be protected just as much as a first-time buyer. The magazine’s resident F&I pro explains.

November 14, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I products, objection handling

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:47 PM | » Comments(1)

Sold But Not Closed

An F&I manager from Atlanta had a service contract sold to a cash customer — that’s until he went for more. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

October 10, 2017

Tags: Cash Customer, F&I process, F&I products, overcoming objections

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:14 PM | » Comments(3)

(Video) Measuring Up

Top trainer has a three-part answer for an F&I newbie who wants to know how he measures up against his peers.

September 18, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I production, F&I training, Products Per Vehicle Retailed, Profit Per Vehicle Retailed

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, September 18, 2017 1:10 PM | » Comments(0)

It's OK to Be Nervous

Top trainer welcomes an anxious recruit to the F&I ranks with 10 pieces of practical, hard-earned advice.

August 17, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:48 AM | » Comments(3)

(Video) Have a Real Conversation

There are countless ways to sell financing and protection products, but only one way to truly connect with customers.

July 7, 2017

Tags: discovery interview, F&I menu, F&I process, F&I products

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, July 7, 2017 1:34 PM | » Comments(8)

Combating CUs

Top trainer tells an F&I pro from San Antonio to stop fighting credit unions and join them. He also reveals three reasons most CU members should choose dealership financing.

June 8, 2017

Tags: auto finance, conversion technique, credit unions, F&I manager, showroom

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, June 8, 2017 5:32 PM | » Comments(2)

Trading Rate for Product

A reader wonders if a scenario exists where trading rate for product doesn’t cross that invisible legal line. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

May 2, 2017

Tags: auto finance, CFPB, compliance, extended term, F&I manager, F&I process, Federal Trade Commission, interest rate, payment packing, rate markup

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:58 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Discussing the Risk-Based Pricing Rule

The magazine’s resident F&I pro takes on a question about the Risk-Based Pricing Rule and its widely used exception notice.

April 11, 2017

Tags: compliance, F&I manager, Risk-Based Pricing Rule

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:29 AM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Timing F&I

Feeling pressure from management to shorten time spent in finance, a producer from California asks the magazine’s resident F&I pro how to shorten the needs-discovery portion of his process.

March 7, 2017

Tags: CSI, F&I manager, F&I process

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:32 PM | » Comments(2)

(Video) Handling Remote Deliveries

An F&I pro from Atlanta is struggling with deals involving remote deliveries. The magazine’s resident F&I expert has the answer.

February 10, 2017

Tags: F&I products, online F&I, Remote Deliveries, Ron Reahard

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 10, 2017 3:12 PM | » Comments(1)

Achieving $1,600 Per Copy

An F&I manager from New York asks the magazine’s resident F&I pro how achieving a $1,600 per-copy average is even possible. He responds with strategies employed by the Top 25 F&I operations in the nation.

January 10, 2017

Tags: F&I, Products Per Vehicle Retailed, PRU, Vehicle Sales

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:15 PM | » Comments(14)

Starting F&I Online

The magazine’s resident F&I pro agrees that tech tools can’t sell product alone, but he does believe the online space offers new opportunities for F&I pros to engage and educate customers.

December 27, 2016

Tags: F&I, F&I training, online F&I

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 27, 2016 12:08 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Handling the 'Be Back' Objection

Why should your customers buy the service contract if their vehicle is already covered? The magazine’s resident F&I pro has the answer.

December 6, 2016

Tags: F&I, objection handling, training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:03 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Overcoming Helicopter Parents

The magazine’s resident F&I pro responds to an F&I manager’s query on how to handle a parent’s objection to his products.

November 4, 2016

Tags: F&I menu, F&I training, Handling Objections

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Revisiting the Pesky Form 8300

The magazine’s resident F&I trainer responds to a reader’s question about the IRS/FinCEN Form 8300 requirement.

October 4, 2016

Tags: Cash Purchases, F&I training, Form 8300

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:19 PM | » Comments(1)

(Video) Selling on Leases

An F&I pro from Florida says he’s struggling to sell products on leases. The magazine’s resident F&I trainer offers a few tips.

September 2, 2016

Tags: F&I Presentation, F&I training, Leases

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, September 2, 2016 11:41 AM | » Comments(2)

(Video) Losing the 'F' in F&I

An F&I pro says his dealership’s decision to remove the ‘F’ from his F&I duties is hurting his ability to handle customer objections. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

August 8, 2016

Tags: F&I, F&I process, F&I training, Finance

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, August 8, 2016 3:54 PM | » Comments(7)

(Video) Selling Paint Protection

Top trainer says the key to selling environmental protection is to educate — not sell — customers on why advances in paint application have made it a must-have.

July 6, 2016

Tags: F&I product, Paint Protection, sales, training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:24 PM | » Comments(8)

(Video Included) Disclosing the RISC

Properly disclosing a RISC not only protects the dealership, it boosts customer satisfaction. The magazine’s resident F&I trainer shows you how it’s done.

June 3, 2016

Tags: RISC, RISC Disclosure, TILA

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, June 3, 2016 10:56 AM | » Comments(2)

No Friend of Mine

F&I trainer details a foolproof method for convincing your next ‘third basemen’ to switch teams.

May 6, 2016

Tags: service contract, Technique, Tips, training, Value

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, May 6, 2016 10:54 AM | » Comments(8)

(Video) Your Sales Manager Is a Criminal

A reader wisely chooses to remain anonymous after uncovering a payment-packing scheme taking place in his (or her) dealership.

April 7, 2016

Tags: Deceptive Practices, payment packing, vehicle service contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:01 PM | » Comments(4)

Optimism in an Election Year

F&I trainer keeps hope alive despite bluster on the campaign trail and dirty dealings at the manufacturer level.

March 30, 2016

Tags: Government, NADA Convention and Expo, Optimism, Politics

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:10 PM | » Comments(4)

(Video) 3 Keys to Professional Growth

An F&I manager asks for a little career advice. The magazine’s resident F&I pro responds with what may be the secret to life.

March 4, 2016

Tags: Career Advice, Professional Goals, Professional Growth

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, March 4, 2016 11:03 AM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Collapse. Create. Repeat.

February 5, 2016

An F&I manager says his customers' buying and ownership habits are making it difficult to sell GAP and service contracts. The magazine's resident F&I pro has the answer.

Tags: down payment, GAP, service contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 5, 2016 11:55 AM | » Comments(2)

« Previous12Next »