So Here's the Deal

(Video) Handling Remote Deliveries

An F&I pro from Atlanta is struggling with deals involving remote deliveries. The magazine’s resident F&I expert has the answer.

February 10, 2017

Tags: F&I products, online F&I, Remote Deliveries, Ron Reahard

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 10, 2017 3:12 PM | » Comments(0)

Achieving $1,600 Per Copy

An F&I manager from New York asks the magazine’s resident F&I pro how achieving a $1,600 per-copy average is even possible. He responds with strategies employed by the Top 25 F&I operations in the nation.

January 10, 2017

Tags: F&I , Products Per Vehicle Retailed, PRU, Vehicle Sales

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:15 PM | » Comments(12)

Starting F&I Online

The magazine’s resident F&I pro agrees that tech tools can’t sell product alone, but he does believe the online space offers new opportunities for F&I pros to engage and educate customers.

December 27, 2016

Tags: F&I , F&I training, online F&I

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 27, 2016 12:08 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Handling the 'Be Back' Objection

Why should your customers buy the service contract if their vehicle is already covered? The magazine’s resident F&I pro has the answer.

December 6, 2016

Tags: F&I , Objection Handling, training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:03 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Overcoming Helicopter Parents

The magazine’s resident F&I pro responds to an F&I manager’s query on how to handle a parent’s objection to his products.

November 4, 2016

Tags: F&I menu, F&I training, Handling Objections

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Revisiting the Pesky Form 8300

The magazine’s resident F&I trainer responds to a reader’s question about the IRS/FinCEN Form 8300 requirement.

October 4, 2016

Tags: Cash Purchases, F&I training, Form 8300

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:19 PM | » Comments(1)

(Video) Selling on Leases

An F&I pro from Florida says he’s struggling to sell products on leases. The magazine’s resident F&I trainer offers a few tips.

September 2, 2016

Tags: F&I Presentation, F&I training, Leases

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, September 2, 2016 11:41 AM | » Comments(2)

(Video) Losing the 'F' in F&I

An F&I pro says his dealership’s decision to remove the ‘F’ from his F&I duties is hurting his ability to handle customer objections. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

August 8, 2016

Tags: F&I , F&I process, F&I training, Finance

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, August 8, 2016 3:54 PM | » Comments(7)

(Video) Selling Paint Protection

Top trainer says the key to selling environmental protection is to educate — not sell — customers on why advances in paint application have made it a must-have.

July 6, 2016

Tags: F&I Product, Paint Protection, Sales, training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:24 PM | » Comments(8)

(Video Included) Disclosing the RISC

Properly disclosing a RISC not only protects the dealership, it boosts customer satisfaction. The magazine’s resident F&I trainer shows you how it’s done.

June 3, 2016

Tags: RISC, RISC Disclosure, TILA

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, June 3, 2016 10:56 AM | » Comments(2)

No Friend of Mine

F&I trainer details a foolproof method for convincing your next ‘third basemen’ to switch teams.

May 6, 2016

Tags: Service Contract, Technique, Tips, training, Value

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, May 6, 2016 10:54 AM | » Comments(8)

(Video) Your Sales Manager Is a Criminal

A reader wisely chooses to remain anonymous after uncovering a payment-packing scheme taking place in his (or her) dealership.

April 7, 2016

Tags: Deceptive Practices, Payment Packing, Vehicle Service Contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:01 PM | » Comments(4)

Optimism in an Election Year

F&I trainer keeps hope alive despite bluster on the campaign trail and dirty dealings at the manufacturer level.

March 30, 2016

Tags: Government, NADA Convention and Expo, Optimism, Politics

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:10 PM | » Comments(4)

(Video) 3 Keys to Professional Growth

An F&I manager asks for a little career advice. The magazine’s resident F&I pro responds with what may be the secret to life.

March 4, 2016

Tags: Career Advice, Professional Goals, Professional Growth

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, March 4, 2016 11:03 AM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Collapse. Create. Repeat.

February 5, 2016

An F&I manager says his customers' buying and ownership habits are making it difficult to sell GAP and service contracts. The magazine's resident F&I pro has the answer.

Tags: Down Payment, GAP, Service Contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 5, 2016 11:55 AM | » Comments(2)

(Video) Limiting Chargebacks

By outlining your customers’ responsibilities and providing instructions for filing a claim, you can reduce chargebacks and keep the F&I revenue flowing.

January 14, 2016

Tags: Chargebacks, Interest Rate, Product Sales

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:50 AM | » Comments(0)

[Video] The Average LIfecycle Close

December 10, 2015

The magazine’s resident F&I pro offers a close designed specifically for car buyers who believe whatever issues they face will occur within the factory warranty’s coverage period.

Tags: Factory Warranty, Vehicle Lifecycle, VSC

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:26 PM | » Comments(0)

[Video] Perfect Timing

Aside from selling VSCs on the service drive, the magazine’s F&I wiz says there are five other opportunities to capture a missed service-contract sale.

November 13, 2015

Tags: direct marketing, F&I menu, F&I process, J.D. Power & Association, Service Department, service drive, vehicle service contracts, VSC

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, November 13, 2015 4:23 PM | » Comments(0)

The Follow Up

The magazine’s F&I wiz lays out a plan for re-pitching a service contract to customers who declined the product at the time of delivery.

October 19, 2015

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, October 19, 2015 4:06 PM | » Comments(6)

Circling Back

Accepting a customer’s objection doesn’t mean you can’t circle back. The magazine’s F&I wiz shows a California F&I manager how it’s done.

September 18, 2015

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, September 18, 2015 10:02 AM | » Comments(4)

[Video Tips Included] Value Demonstration

The magazine’s F&I wiz draws up the perfect way to illustrate a pre-owned vehicle’s remaining warranty and the value of purchasing additional coverage.

August 5, 2015

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:27 PM | » Comments(0)

The Light-Bulb Close

The magazine’s F&I wiz shows a reader from Kentucky how comparing a high-mileage vehicle to a light bulb can demonstrate to a customer the value of a service contract.

July 6, 2015

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, July 6, 2015 2:10 PM | » Comments(5)

Selling to Affluent Customers

An F&I pro from California is having trouble selling F&I protections to his affluent customer base. The magazine’s F&I wiz has the answer.

June 1, 2015

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, June 1, 2015 11:49 AM | » Comments(0)

[Video] The Two-Part Objection

Reahard tackles a question about handling the 'I can't afford it" objection. He also responds to a question on how to close on packages rather than one or two products. Click on the following link to read or watch his responses.

May 1, 2015

An F&I professional from Missouri is having trouble with customers who say they don’t need and can’t afford a service contract. The magazine’s F&I wiz weighs in.

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, May 1, 2015 1:57 PM | » Comments(2)

[Video] Overcoming the Warranty Objection

Read or watch Ron's response to a reader question on how to show the value of a service contract when the customer believes the warranty provides enough coverage.

April 3, 2015

The magazine’s resident F&I wiz tackles a question about how to show the value of a service contract when the customer believes the warranty provides enough coverage.

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, April 3, 2015 10:34 AM | » Comments(5)

« Previous12Next »