So Here's the Deal

Menus Don’t Work Miracles

A fancy new menu can help streamline processes and improve customer engagement, but it won’t replace the hard-won skill and compassion of a true F&I professional.

August 6, 2018

Tags: F&I manager, F&I menu, F&I Technology

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, August 6, 2018 2:56 PM | » Comments(2)

Avoiding the AAA Objection

Top trainer advises F&I pros to eliminate the ‘I have AAA’ objection by downplaying the very real — but relatively minor — roadside assistance benefit included with most service contracts.

July 3, 2018

Tags: AAA, F&I manager, F&I menu, F&I process, F&I products, objection handling, roadside assistance

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:48 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Capture Missed VSC Sales

In response to a reader question, the magazine’s F&I wiz updates his plan for re-pitching service contracts to customers who declined the protection at the time of delivery.

May 31, 2018

Tags: F&I manager, F&I trainer, J.D. Power, service customer, service department, Vehicle Service Contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:14 PM | » Comments(0)

The Dealer Moved My Goal Posts

Top trainer has hard-earned advice — and a word of warning — for F&I pros whose dealers seem to change their pay plans every time they have a good month.

May 7, 2018

Tags: employee compensation, F&I manager, F&I process, pay plan

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, May 7, 2018 2:11 PM | » Comments(5)

Addressing F&I’s Internet Problem

A frustrated F&I manager poses an increasingly common question: How do you sell protection products to customers who demand the final price by phone and then show up with a bank check?

April 4, 2018

Tags: online sales,

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:16 PM | » Comments(6)

(Video) Selling Eight Products Without Losing the Customer

Is offering eight products a bad idea? The magazine’s resident F&I pro says it depends on the producer and the presentation.

March 12, 2018

Tags: F&I manager, F&I menu, F&I products, F&I training, So Here's the Deal

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, March 12, 2018 3:52 PM | » Comments(2)

He Had a Goal: Remembering David Ressler

Sometimes it’s not the teacher who leaves a lasting impression, it’s the student. The magazine’s resident F&I pro says goodbye to one trainee he will never forget.

March 8, 2018

Tags: David Ressler

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:26 PM | » Comments(0)

[Video] Selling to Short-Term Owners

The magazine’s F&I pro responds to a question about how to build value in F&I protections if the customer says he plans on paying off his loan long before the term expires.

February 9, 2018

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I products, GAP, objection handling, short-term owners, Vehicle Service Contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 9, 2018 5:31 PM | » Comments(1)

(Video) Selling High-Mileage VSC Plans

How do you sell a $3,000 VSC on an $8,000 car? Top trainer offers a four-step process to ensure every customer gets the protection they need.

January 8, 2018

Tags: F&I process, F&I products, F&I sales, F&I training, high mileage, Vehicle Service Contract

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, January 8, 2018 4:53 PM | » Comments(5)

Selling Warranty Compliance Plans

December 4, 2017

Do-it-yourself customers will tell you they prefer to save a few bucks by performing their own maintenance. F&I trainer has the perfect response for this common objection.

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I training, prepaid maintenance plan, warranty

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, December 4, 2017 4:33 PM | » Comments(1)

Handling the ‘Last Car’ Objection

Older clients who say they are buying their last car need to be protected just as much as a first-time buyer. The magazine’s resident F&I pro explains.

November 14, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I products, objection handling

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:47 PM | » Comments(1)

Sold But Not Closed

An F&I manager from Atlanta had a service contract sold to a cash customer — that’s until he went for more. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

October 10, 2017

Tags: Cash Customer, F&I process, F&I products, overcoming objections

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:14 PM | » Comments(3)

(Video) Measuring Up

Top trainer has a three-part answer for an F&I newbie who wants to know how he measures up against his peers.

September 18, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I production, F&I training, Products Per Vehicle Retailed, Profit Per Vehicle Retailed

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Monday, September 18, 2017 1:10 PM | » Comments(0)

It's OK to Be Nervous

Top trainer welcomes an anxious recruit to the F&I ranks with 10 pieces of practical, hard-earned advice.

August 17, 2017

Tags: F&I manager, F&I process, F&I training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:48 AM | » Comments(3)

(Video) Have a Real Conversation

There are countless ways to sell financing and protection products, but only one way to truly connect with customers.

July 7, 2017

Tags: discovery interview, F&I menu, F&I process, F&I products

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, July 7, 2017 1:34 PM | » Comments(8)

Combating CUs

Top trainer tells an F&I pro from San Antonio to stop fighting credit unions and join them. He also reveals three reasons most CU members should choose dealership financing.

June 8, 2017

Tags: auto finance, conversion technique, credit unions, F&I manager, Showroom

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Thursday, June 8, 2017 5:32 PM | » Comments(2)

Trading Rate for Product

A reader wonders if a scenario exists where trading rate for product doesn’t cross that invisible legal line. The magazine’s resident F&I pro weighs in.

May 2, 2017

Tags: auto finance, CFPB, compliance, extended term, F&I manager, F&I process, Federal Trade Commission, interest rate, payment packing, rate markup

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:58 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Discussing the Risk-Based Pricing Rule

The magazine’s resident F&I pro takes on a question about the Risk-Based Pricing Rule and its widely used exception notice.

April 11, 2017

Tags: compliance, F&I manager, Risk-Based Pricing Rule

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:29 AM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Timing F&I

Feeling pressure from management to shorten time spent in finance, a producer from California asks the magazine’s resident F&I pro how to shorten the needs-discovery portion of his process.

March 7, 2017

Tags: CSI, F&I manager, F&I process

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:32 PM | » Comments(2)

(Video) Handling Remote Deliveries

An F&I pro from Atlanta is struggling with deals involving remote deliveries. The magazine’s resident F&I expert has the answer.

February 10, 2017

Tags: F&I products, online F&I, Remote Deliveries, Ron Reahard

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, February 10, 2017 3:12 PM | » Comments(1)

Achieving $1,600 Per Copy

An F&I manager from New York asks the magazine’s resident F&I pro how achieving a $1,600 per-copy average is even possible. He responds with strategies employed by the Top 25 F&I operations in the nation.

January 10, 2017

Tags: F&I, Products Per Vehicle Retailed, PRU, Vehicle Sales

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:15 PM | » Comments(17)

Starting F&I Online

The magazine’s resident F&I pro agrees that tech tools can’t sell product alone, but he does believe the online space offers new opportunities for F&I pros to engage and educate customers.

December 27, 2016

Tags: F&I, F&I training, online F&I

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 27, 2016 12:08 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Handling the 'Be Back' Objection

Why should your customers buy the service contract if their vehicle is already covered? The magazine’s resident F&I pro has the answer.

December 6, 2016

Tags: F&I, objection handling, training

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:03 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Overcoming Helicopter Parents

The magazine’s resident F&I pro responds to an F&I manager’s query on how to handle a parent’s objection to his products.

November 4, 2016

Tags: F&I menu, F&I training, Handling Objections

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01 PM | » Comments(0)

(Video) Revisiting the Pesky Form 8300

The magazine’s resident F&I trainer responds to a reader’s question about the IRS/FinCEN Form 8300 requirement.

October 4, 2016

Tags: Cash Purchases, F&I training, Form 8300

Author: Ronald J. Reahard | Posted @ Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:19 PM | » Comments(1)

« Previous12Next »