SAN JOSE, Calif. — eBay, the online marketplace, today announced the launch of eBay Green Driving, a new website designed to provide drivers with ways to reduce both money spent at the pump as well as their environmental impact.
eBay Green Driving offers user-friendly tools and resources, as well as eBay’s unique green vehicle and parts inventory to help people determine the best ways to “green” their daily driving routines.
Features of eBay Green Driving include:
• Fuel Type Comparison Tool: Developed with data from the Department of Energy’s fueleconomy.gov, this tool provides simple, side-by-side fuel technology comparisons complete with information on driving range, estimated vehicle cost, estimated annual fuel costs, ecological impact and more.
• eBay Green Machines: This feature highlights a number of unique green vehicles that are currently available or have been sold on eBay Motors.
• Popular Green Vehicles: With a simple click, users can view information on popular fuel-efficient vehicles. After viewing the information, users can easily browse current eBay Motors listings for these vehicles.
• Easy Searching: Visitors can use a simple browsing feature to quickly search available eBay vehicle inventory by type of fuel, body style, or lifestyle.
• Green Driving News and Reviews: A comprehensive green driving resource, eBay Green Driving provides visitors with content such as Prius-model comparisons and fuel-saving driving tips.
eBay Green Driving is the latest in a series of programs and experiences designed to help eBay buyers and sellers make more sustainable shopping decisions. Previous programs include eBay Instant Sale, launched in October 2010, Patagonia Common Threads Initiative + eBay, launched in September 2011, and Green.ebay.com, launched in February 2012.
To view the new site, click here.