AUSTIN – Twisted, engineers of striking, iconic 4x4s featuring proprietary and precision engineering, fashion-worthy custom design and timeless British Defender® DNA – is introducing a high-voltage lineup of customizable electric 4x4 vehicles into the North American market. The stylish Soft-Top 90 shape, exclusive electric powertrain, 200-mile battery range and an unmistakable presence deliver an exclusivity factor that will turn heads at beaches, in the dirt and on the road.
The Twisted NAS-E is the ultimate expression of the American coastal lifestyle.
“As the world moves steadily toward mass electrification, the Californian market has been missing a uniquely stylish electric 4x4 option that can stand out at the beach, off-road and at stoplights with a level of exclusivity and prestige that can only come from the timeless British Defender® form, said Bruce Riggs, COO of Twisted North America. "With color schemes reflecting the natural beauty of California, a removable soft top shape to fully live the elements, advanced electric powertrain engineering exclusive to Twisted, zero-emission power, practical battery range and luxuriously modern interior touches, the Twisted NAS-E is the ultimate expression of the American coastal lifestyle.”
The Twisted NAS-E: High Voltage Presence
The NAS-E is the ultimate expression of individuality when it comes to standing out in an ocean of luxury electric SUVs, while still prioritizing reliability and everyday drivability.
NAS-E is the first hero vehicle of the Twisted Legacy collection, a re-imagining of the original North American-specification Land Rover® Defender© – built by Twisted Automotive. The lineup consists of two trim levels: NAS-E and NAS-E Plus.
Top-level technical specifications: A fully electric, zero-emissions certified direct-drive system propels the full lineup of Twisted NAS-E models into the future. A clean and robust powertrain includes U.S.-made electric motors that deliver power on demand whenever and wherever its needed.
- Compliant with North American EV regulations and California CARB regulations.
- Stimulating Power Options:
- NAS-E: Remy Borg-Warner motor delivering more than 380 newton-meters (280 pound-feet) of torque and 214 brake horsepower.
- NAS-E Plus: Performance increases to 420 newton-meters (309 pound-feet) of torque and 320 brake horsepower.
- Charging and Practical Range: 22 kilowatt-hour charging system – with fast charging also available. Access to public charging infrastructure and a 60-kilowatt-hour battery pack provides a 200-mile battery range delivering practicality that matches gas-powered vehicles.
- Progressive Suspension: Custom-valved dampers, superior traction, dramatically reduced understeer and suspension travel retained for off-road capability.
- Performance Braking: Twisted Performance six-piston front brakes and four-piston rear brakes, hard-use RS29 brake pads, ABS and TCS for increased traction.
- Performance Drivetrain: Uprated componentry to handle increased torque figures, four-wheel drive gear-reduction direct transmission – featuring a step-down transfer case for high and low-range use.
Open-air form and California-inspired color options:
- Based on the iconic NAS short wheelbase 90 Soft-Top.
- The California Series will make up the first available models – with production limited to just 30 units, 10 in each color choice.
- Available in three unique color options: Malibu, Yosemite and Tahoe. Each hue is inspired by a timeless California landscape.
- Malibu embodies the beautiful yellow sands of coastal California.
- Yosemite draws inspiration from the natural wilderness across one of California’s most famous national parks.
- Tahoe emulates the alpine lakeside of Lake Tahoe in Northern California.
- Cream leather seats featuring Alston Alcantara inserts.
- Three-seat bench across the front row with detachable headrests.
- 4x tip ups located in the load area.
- Twisted Sport Wheels finished in silver.
- Twisted Stage One frontend.
- NAS roll cage and Bimini hood.
- Full infotainment system.
- EV system management touchscreen.
- Raptored ‘spray down’ unique flooring.
- Air conditioning.
- All features included from NAS-E.
- Power increase to 320 brake horsepower.
- NAS brush bar.
- NAS side steps.
- Roll-bar spotlights.
- NAS-E body stripe decal.
- Black side stills.
Refined Interior: NAS-E and NAS-E Plus reshape the perception of a lifestyle-focused EV interior. The lineup is designed to go anywhere, anytime and features modern, luxurious amenities and soft-touch materials previously reserved for supercars.
- NAS-E and NAS-E Plus feature leather and Alston seats that are part of an interior designed to keep the end-user cool, while being much easier to clean.
- Infotainment and Entertainment:
- EV system management: Sport, Eco and Off-road modes.
- Touch-screen infotainment and navigation.
- Enhanced splash screen with unique function readouts.
- Rearview camera with wide angle.
- Exclusive Twisted eight-channel audio system: Italian designed, UK developed and built specifically for Twisted vehicles.
- Security: GPS tracker and vehicle immobilizer. Companion app enables live monitoring and security features.
Full coverage warranty: Twisted’s fully comprehensive coverage includes 24 months / 20,000 miles with available extensions.
Pricing and reservations/orders:
- Starting at $185,000 (U.S.).
- NAS-E Plus
- Starting at $210,000 (U.S.).
- Lead time for each custom build/order: Approximately nine months.
- Limited test drives will be available early October 2020.
- Build slots can be secured with a fully refundable deposit.
- Reservations and orders may be placed now by calling 1-800-832-8841 – or inquiring via the website at https://www.twistedautomotive.com/en-US/models/nas-e/.
For more information, or to interview Twisted North America executives, contact [email protected]
Originally posted on Auto Dealer Today