F&I Management and Technology magazine will host a special press conference at the NADA Convention and Expo to announce the 2008 F&I Dealer of the Year. The event, sponsored by DealerTrack, will be held on Sunday, Feb. 10, at 2 p.m. in room 228S at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
In January the magazine published a special section announcing the 2008 F&I Pacesetters of the Year, a field made up of six U.S. dealerships that are now vying to be named the 2008 F&I Dealer of the Year. Nominated by the industry, each F&I Pacesetter was chosen by the magazine for leading the pace in regulatory compliance, ethical practices and community involvement.
“This year’s field of nominees was extremely strong,” said Gregory Arroyo, the magazine’s executive editor. “This year, the F&I Pacesetters were also very diverse in how they operate and how they represent the automotive retail industry in their respective communities. With that said, selecting the 2008 F&I Dealer of the Year has been extremely difficult.”
This year’s F&I Pacesetters include:
• Michael Crawford, Peoria Kia, Peoria, Ariz.
• Jay Carley, Jr., ABC Nissan, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Mark Moore, Bob Moore Auto Group, Oklahoma City, Okla.
• Carroll Smith, Monument Chevrolet, Pasadena, Texas
• Greg Paul Anderson, Thielen Motor Inc., Part Rapids, Minn.
• John Schenden, Pro Chrysler Jeep, Thornton, Colo.
Each Pacesetter will be recognized at the magazine’s press conference. In March, the magazine will highlight the 2008 F&I Dealer of the Year with a special feature.