MINNEAPOLIS –– Helping dealerships comply with the Red Flags Rules Nov. 1 compliance deadline, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services has developed the "Red Flags Tool Kit for Dealerships Conducting Indirect Lending."
The Tool Kit not only helps dealers understand what they need to do to meet Red Flag requirements, but it also provides resources to help them become compliant.
The Tool Kit for Dealerships includes a Red Flags User Guide, which explains the first steps in building an identify theft prevention program, as well as a Red Flags Manual that provides an overview of the Red Flags Rules, examples of Red Flags and how they apply to a dealer's business. Additionally, the Tool Kit supplies checklists, printable forms and templates to help dealers record and report Red Flags according to the requirements, including:
· Red Flags Relevance Form – Helps assess a dealership's needs and requirements regarding the new Red Flag Rules
· Identity Theft Red Flags Checklist – Allows dealers to record instances of identity theft detection
· Identify Theft Prevention Program Policy Template – Provides dealers with framework for establishing a policy that can be retained and used for reporting purposes
· Red Flags Reporting Form – Guides dealers in recording the required periodic Identify Theft Prevention Program assessments
· Red Flags Risk Assessment Form – Helps dealers document their Red Flags risk assessment for their indirect lending accounts
· Resolution of Address Discrepancies Form – Assists in documenting how to handle discrepancies between an applicant's listed address and the address that a consumer reporting agency has for that person
· Red Flags Training Record – Helps record Identity Theft Prevention Program training attendance and curriculum
"Under the new Red Flag requirements, lenders must be sure that the dealers they do business with—whether they're an auto, boat, RV or motorcycle dealership— have strong identity theft prevention programs in place or they won't be able to rely on them as service providers anymore," said Kevin Kopp, director of Indirect Lending at Wolters Kluwer Financial Services. "Wolters Kluwer Financial Services' Tool Kit for Dealerships helps dealers ensure they have the right policies, programs and training in place to comply with the requirements and maintain positive relationships with lenders."
For more information about the Red Flags Tool Kit for Dealerships Conducting Indirect Lending, visit Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Red Flags Resources Center at www.wolterskluwerfs.com/dealerkit or call 1-800-552-9410, Option 1.