LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. — DealerTrack Systems Inc., announced Monday the integration of the DealerTrack Arkona dealer management system (DMS) with American Honda Motor Co. Inc.'s Interactive Network dealer communications system.
iN Plus RealTime enables transactions between dealers and the manufacturer that are communicated and integrated on a real-time basis, an improvement on former batch processes.
"We are pleased to provide full integration with Honda's new real-time communications system, which should significantly enhance the appeal of the DealerTrack DMS to the approximately 1,000 Honda and 260 Acura dealerships across the U.S. ," said Raj Sundaram, senior vice president, solutions and service group at DealerTrack. "Honda and Acura dealers will be able to move forward with confidence that we can meet their technology needs, consistent with all OEM communication requirements. We look forward to offering them a superior solution at a significant value."
In addition to real-time processing, new features include:
VIN Inquiry Interface
· Automatically runs a VIN Status Inquiry when a repair order is opened
· Quickly discover open campaigns/recalls that translate into additional service revenue
Enhanced Warranty Interface
· Eliminates the need to re-key warranty claim information
· Automatically sends repair order warranty data to Honda for warranty claim processing and payment
Enhanced Parts Interface
· Parts order inquiry acknowledgement is now a business tool
· Provides line-by-line order status immediately back to the DealerTrack DMS
· The next generation parts catalog (web version) now displays the dealer on-hand quantity parts information in the DealerTrack DMS
With a successful pilot program already complete, the integration program is available nationwide. Honda and Acura dealers using the DealerTrack DMS with the new factory interfaces will be able to expedite critical transaction processes and eliminate data errors. Information will transfer seamlessly from one system to another without having to be re-keyed.