NORFOLK, Va. — Dominion Dealer Solutions, a division of Dominion Enterprises, released an iPhone application for GetAuto, an online automotive research and shopping site that markets nearly 1 million vehicles for almost 10,000 dealers in the United States.
The iPhone application for GetAuto displays photos, maps, vehicle details and has e-mail capability. The free application is available for download from the Apple iTunes Store and can be found by searching for “GetAuto.”
“The GetAuto application extends a dealer’s reach by capitalizing on the popularity of the Apple iPhone and iTouch devices,” says Glen Garvin, group general manager for Dominion Dealer Solutions. “It’s an on-the-go resource that maximizes consumers’ time and provides dealers with a new way to drive business to their store.”
To search a dealer’s inventory, consumers need only tap the GetAuto image on their iPhone or iTouch to view a comprehensive user interface. With a few more clicks, GetAuto shoppers can define their search criteria by dealer name or vehicle description.
With the GetAuto application, users can:
· View up to nine photos per vehicle
· Learn about vehicle-specific options and equipment
· Instantly find nearby vehicles with the iPhone location finder
· Find local dealers in the GetAuto Network
· Bookmark favorite GetAuto vehicle search results
· Easily share vehicles with friends and family using the email feature
· Obtain easy and accurate driving directions to the dealership with Google maps
· Connect with a GetAuto car dealer using the built-in contact tools