LAS VEGAS – MPi, a provider of revenue and retention solutions for service departments, today released EDGE SmartTech, a new solution designed to help technicians conduct better inspections.
Powered by results from the 32 million-plus vehicle inspections completed with the EDGE software system, SmartTech highlights the most common part failures and inspection recommendations based on a vehicle's year, make, model and mileage band. With one click, technicians have access to a summary of this historical information that makes it easy to identify areas of a specific vehicle that deserve special attention.
Key features and benefits include:
• Directs technician to the most common part failures and inspection recommendations based on make, model, odometer and year.
• Ensures technicians are not overlooking valuable maintenance and repair opportunities.
• Quickly identifies areas of the vehicle that should be inspected carefully
• Helps less experienced technicians get up to speed on any vehicle using data pulled from thousands of technicians’ experiences throughout North America.
• Improves the quality of inspections performed on vehicles outside a technician’s expertise, increasing opportunities to pursue cross-brand service.
• Customers receive an absolutely accurate, thorough and valuable inspection.
“Customers now own their vehicles for an average of 11 years and drive them roughly 15,000 miles each year,” stated Rich Holland, company president. “SmartTech ensures that the service department captures every available opportunity to service these vehicles while they’re in the bay. It enables technicians to sell more because they are finding more due to a more precise and thorough inspection.”
For more information, visit www.mpiworldclass.com.