LAS VEGAS — Mobile Productivity Inc., a provider of vehicle inspection tools and services for service departments, will offer dealers a preview of its latest service selling and customer retention tool, KnowYourVehicle.com, at booth No. 4235N during the 2011 NADA Convention and Expo in San Francisco from February 5-7.
The online platform, which will be fully available later this year, takes MPi’s highly successful Know Your Vehicle Report and places it online, making it a more interactive experience for the customer.
MPi says dealerships who use the Know Your Vehicle Report achieve 30 percent of upsells from return visits within 30 days of initial service. The report provides customers with detailed pricing and explanations of vehicle maintenance and repair services. The report also automatically generates recommendation descriptions which include "good part/bad part" images.
KnowYourVehicle.com takes the report one step further and provides a fully interactive and more data-rich experience for the customer as follows:
• An interactive, 3-D version of the customer’s vehicle with problem areas pinpointed that the customer can click on to find out more information about the current recommendations. Embedded links take the customer to photos of vehicle parts and an explanation of what is wrong and needs fixing.
• Photos of the specific trouble points on a customer’s vehicle can be sent to a personalized KnowYourVehicle.com site through the EDGE Mobile Inspection process.
• Video links are also provided with short videos that offer more in-depth information to help the customer better understand the service recommendations.
• The site provides a complete profile for the customer with a full history of his or her vehicle. It includes all previous inspection reports and declined recommendations that the customer can view.
• If a customer owns more than one vehicle at that dealership, he or she can view information for both vehicles and flip between the two.
• All Know Your Vehicle Reports are available in PDF format for customer downloads.
• The site can be customized by each dealership with different banners, colors and designs.
KnowYourVehicle.com can also be accessed by the service advisor from MPi’s EDGE vehicle inspection software to help better educate the customer about needed repairs and prices during the initial service visit. It also provides the service advisor with information on the customer’s vehicle so the service advisor can give a heads-up to the vehicle owner about any previously declined service that should now be done.
“Customers are more inclined to agree to needed repairs if talked about up front, rather than after they have waited for an hour in the waiting room, perhaps just expecting to get an oil change,” said David Boyle, MPi President and COO. “Whether the service advisor sits down with the customer at the computer and goes through KnowYourVehicle.com, or the customer accesses it at home, it takes the pressure off any sales pitch for the service advisor and helps the vehicle owner make up their own mind. The customer can review pictures and videos in their own time, perhaps show it to their spouse and take the time to make an informed decision. It is a very powerful customer retention and selling tool.”
For a no-cost price quote and more information, call (888) 503-8040 or visit www.mpifix.com.