CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill. — Findlay Automotive Group announced it has selected Automotive Compliance Consultants’ dealership-wide compliance services to ensure that the group’s 26 dealerships comply with critical consumer finance, worker health and safety and equal opportunity employment regulations. Findlay Automotive Group operates stores in Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Idaho.
“We take compliance very, very seriously in these days of increasingly intensive scrutiny by regulators such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and OSHA,” said Wilson Hudgins, compliance and finance director for the Findlay Automotive Group. “After thorough evaluation of the personal in-store and online compliance solutions provided by Terry Dortch and Automotive Compliance Consultants, we decided this umbrella approach offered us the most encompassing and experienced compliance services that we demand for Findlay Automotive Group.”
Automotive Compliance Consultants’ spectrum of services for the Findlay Automotive Group’s stores include training, pre-auditing, evaluation, recommendations and then routine auditing of the following to ensure the stores’ and their employees’ correct compliance to:
- Gramm, Leach, Bliley for safeguarding customer information
- Occupational Safety and Health for promoting safety in the workplace
- Finance and Insurance Office Regulation Z, M, and B
- Equal Employment Opportunity covering discrimination, harassment, proper worker conduct
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Red Flags Rule designed to identify identity thieves before it is a problem for the dealership
- Risked-Based Pricing Rule and Adverse Action Notices
The firm’s compliance services for the Findlay Automotive Group also will include:
- Port scans (looking for any open ports in their IT system that might allow access by hackers)
- Assistance with spill prevention (SPCC)
- How consumer funds are handled to comply with The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Patriot Act to stop funds from moving to foreign enemies
- Red Flags, which are designed to identify identity thieves before it is a problem for the dealership
Automotive Compliance Consultants specializes in dealership compliance, providing in-dealership consultations and analysis, compliance audits and training, and offers solutions for all compliance needs. The Automotive Compliance Consultants staff has extensive experience in the retail automotive industry and focuses exclusively on dealership compliance issues.