SANDY, Utah — Gail Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, today announced the appointment of the organization’s new 12-member board of directors, which consists of family members, company officials and outside business executives.
This appointment follows the March 2015 announcement of a new corporate structure and a nationwide search for board members with executive experience outside the Miller organization.
“We’re pleased to have such accomplished individuals of high integrity serve on the board,” said Miller. “They exemplify the values of our company and our commitment of excellence to our customers, communities and employees. I am confident they will serve as good stewards and uphold the guiding principles of our company.”
The board of directors includes:
- Gail Miller, owner, Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, chairman of the board
- Clark Whitworth, CEO, Larry H. Miller Management Corporation
- Bryan Miller, family member
- Greg Miller, family member
- Steve Miller, family member
- Steve Albrecht, Gunnell Endowed Professor, Marriott School of Management & Wheatley Fellow, Brigham Young University
- Dennis Haslam, former president of the Utah Jazz
- Michael Montelongo, chief administrative officer and senior vice president, public policy and corporate affairs, Sodexo, Inc.
- Beryl Raff, chairman and CEO, Helzberg Diamonds
- Robert P. Restrepo, Jr., chairman of the board of directors, State Auto Insurance Companies
- Mary Lee Schneider, former president & CEO, Follett Corporation
- Lloyd G. “Buzz” Waterhouse, senior advisor, New Mountain Capital
The board will provide direction to the Group’s leadership team and ensure the company’s culture is preserved. The Larry H. Miller Group of Companies is comprised of more than 80 businesses and properties in 46 states and employs nearly 11,000 people. The Group includes 54 auto dealerships, 119 Fanzz sports apparel retail stores, 17 Megaplex theater complexes, Utah Jazz, Idaho Stampede, Salt Lake Bees, Vivint Smart Home Arena, television and radio stations and several other automotive, insurance, finance, real estate and retail companies.
“The outside board members bring a wealth of knowledge from a variety of industries and specialties, which will add to the invaluable personal experience of the Miller family,” said Clark Whitworth, CEO. “The board’s expertise, combined with that of our executive leadership team, will allow the organization to continue to grow and remain a privately owned company for future generations."