ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — SouthwestRe announced new and significant updates to its TruckGuard Class 3–7 and Class 8 vehicle service contract program. In addition, the company unveiled a new TruckGuard Dealer-Certified Limited Warranty program for Class 3–7 and Class 8 trucks. This is the first time SouthwestRe has offered a limited warranty program for these vehicles.
“We spent a lot of time researching the industry and working with our dealer and agent partners to develop a product that provides the coverage, options and additional benefits that today’s truck owners need,” said Jamie Jerabek, vice president of product development and underwriting for SouthwestRe. “I think the product that we’ve developed really meets those needs, and I’m eager to get it into the hands of dealers, because I really believe that they and their customers are going to love it.”
TruckGuard Class 3–7 and Class 8 vehicle service contracts now offer the following benefits and options:
- The coverage levels have been updated with more components than ever before.
- Emergency roadside assistance is now included with all coverage levels, now featuring a mobile mechanic service for roadside repairs.
- A new transportation expense reimbursement benefit allows contract holders to choose taxi services, public transportation and incorporated ridesharing services, as well as a traditional car rental, while their truck is in the shop for a covered repair.
A wide variety of additional coverage options are also now available:
- Aftertreatment package
- Auxiliary power unit (APU) components
- Compression-release engine brake components
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF)
- Essential engine components (included for all coverage level terms for up to 12 months and may be purchased for higher coverage level terms)
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve
- Dual-loop exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
- Refrigeration unit (for Class 3–7 trucks only)
Both vocational and non-vocational trucks are now eligible for coverage. Previously, TruckGuard did not offer coverage for vocational trucks. In addition, SouthwestRe is now offering a new TruckGuard Dealer-Certified Limited Warranty program for Class 3–7 and Class 8 trucks. Highlights of the program include:
- Coverage is available for Class 3–7 and Class 8 vocational and non-vocational trucks.
- Towing reimbursement coverage is included, up to $375 per repair visit.
- The dealer that has their own repair facility now has a product that they can include with the sale of every eligible truck.
“I believe that the changes that we’ve made to our new TruckGuard product will make it one of the most sought-after programs in the Industry,” Jerabek said.