Lafayette, Colo. – KPA, a leading software, consulting services, and training provider for Environment, Health & Safety and Workforce Compliance solutions, announced the immediate availability of a bundled series of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) safety courses covering essential compliance topics. Road and driver safety continues to be necessary; in 2017, over 4,400 crashes included large trucks and buses and resulted from preventable actions like wearing a seatbelt. KPA’s driver-focused safety training package is intended for any employee who needs to regularly or occasionally operate a commercial motor vehicle.
Not only can our safety training package arm drivers with the necessary information, but KPA’s Vera Suite can manage the tracking and delivery of the courses to ensure drivers are current on best practices.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 13% of traffic fatalities involved large trucks or buses, and 19% were a result of speeding. Although the number of CMV drivers and occupants wearing seatbelts is increasing, 38% of fatalities were individuals not wearing one. Additionally, 30% of the fatal crashes were in a work zone, and 6% involved distracted driving.
“Work zone accidents, seatbelts, and speed are safety concerns that commercial motor vehicle drivers can easily fix with the understanding and review of safe driving techniques,” said Kathryn Carlson, Vice President of Product Management. “Not only can our safety training package arm drivers with the necessary information, but KPA’s Vera Suite can manage the tracking and delivery of the courses to ensure drivers are current on best practices.”
Through a series of courses, the package takes trainees through topics including cargo securement, hours of service, space management, and work zone safety. Several of the courses meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s requirements for drug and alcohol training. The full list of courses includes:
- Aggressive Driving for CMV Drivers
- Alcohol in the Workplace (FMCSA-Compliant)
- Cargo Securement for CMV Drivers
- Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace (FMCSA-Compliant)
- Drugs in the Workplace (FMCSA-Compliant)
- Hours of Service for CMV Drivers
- Intersections, Turns, and Lane Changes for CMV Drivers
- Photographing Accidents for CMV Drivers
- Rollover Prevention for Cargo Tanks for CMV Drivers
- Safety Belt Awareness for CMV Drivers
- Space Management for CMV Drivers
- Speed and Stopping Distance for CMV Drivers
- The Hidden Cost of Accidents for CMV Drivers
- Truckers Against Trafficking Certification for CMV Drivers
- Work Zone Safety for CMV Drivers
To help employers meet federal, state, and local requirements, KPA develops interactive training programs that capture people’s attention and test their understanding of required concepts. In addition to online and onsite training, KPA offers a comprehensive suite of workplace and workforce management software and services that allow clients to improve safety, reduce risk and lower costs.