NEW YORK, N.Y. – Assurant, Inc. (NYSE:AIZ), a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that support, protect and connect major consumer purchases like automobiles, announced the launch of Pocket Geek Auto. A mobile app that helps dealers and clients connect with their customers, Pocket Geek Auto delivers a more personalized car ownership experience, strengthens their core F&I offers, and drives service revenue. The Pocket Geek Auto app is free for Assurant clients and their consumers purchasing a vehicle, and automatically populates with the unique information specific to that customer – like vehicle and products - at the point of sale.
Now with Pocket Geek Auto, our dealers and clients can take a proactive and industry specific approach to build stronger connections with their customers.
“Pocket Geek Auto allows dealers and clients to modernize their customer experience, grow their revenue, and retain more loyal customers,” said Assurant Global Automotive Senior Vice President of Global Transformation, Martin Jenns. “Customers have developed digital relationships with banks, retailers and other service suppliers. Now with Pocket Geek Auto, our dealers and clients can take a proactive and industry specific approach to build stronger connections with their customers.”
Pocket Geek Auto’s technology and open API pulls in over 20 integration points and complements OEM apps already in use with different dealer specific features. Dealers and other Assurant clients offering protection plans will have full control of branding, imagery, and offers digitally delivered to their consumers, including reporting features that allow for real-time analysis of consumer interactions.
The Pocket Geek Auto app offers key features including:
- Personal TechPro – on-demand technical support for in-car technology via chat or voice
- Maintenance Manager – maintenance alerts and reminders to drive service revenue
- Digital Glovebox – will store vehicle related documents like protection plans and policies and service receipts
- Customer Notifications - automated recall alerts and tools to present direct service and sales offers to customers
- Claims Management - to simplify the claims process by allowing customers to report a protection policy claim and get status updates directly through the app
Additional upgrades and capabilities will be added and automatically pushed to current app users.
“Our clients continue to look to us for innovative ways to solve today’s business problems. We leveraged our learnings across the Pocket Geek family of apps, specifically Pocket Geek Mobile, to bring an enhanced experience for today's digitally-driven consumer,” said Jenns.