Garden City, N.Y. — Eleven auto auctions won overall and regional awards in Chase Auto Finance’s 2007 Chase Cup for Auction Excellence Sept. 20.
Manheim Auto Auction won the Chase Cup top honors for best national auction performance. The auto auction also received Chase Cups for best performance in lease returns and repossessions in the Northeastern Region. General Manager Keith Williams, Institutional Sales Director Ed Howe and assistant general managers Bill Arnold, Wendy Pfoutz and Mark Pester accepted the awards during the National Auto Auction Association’s 59th annual convention in Chicago.
The Chase Cup recognizes exceptional performance in retention, efficiency, expenses, accuracy, sales, operations and service delivery. It carries on the tradition of “The One Award” created in 1999 by Chase’s predecessor Bank One.
“Manheim Auto Auction demonstrated clear leadership in several areas,” said Lynn Wolver, national vehicle remarketing executive for Chase. “In addition to winning two regional awards, Manheim excelled in condition report preparation and vehicle reconditioning and provided the highest ratio of buying dealers to vehicles sold.”
Chase Auto Finance based its awards on the performance of 33 of the nation’s top auto auction houses between August 2006 and July 2007. Chase judges their performance based on objective criteria like how well they handle sales and invoice processing, transport requests, title processing and other issues.
Chase Auto Finance also presented national awards to Manheim’s Metro Detroit Auto Auction for Best Service Delivery, Manheim’s Florida Auto Auction of Orlando for Best Performance in Highlines and Best Internet Listing Volume, and ADESA Boston Auto Auction for Best Internet Live Auction Penetration.
“The Chase Cup offers a terrific opportunity to recognize the exceptional work of leaders in the wholesale auto auction industry,” Wolver said. “Chase consistently enhances its remarketing of vehicles at auction through their skilled assistance.”
Other regional 2007 winners are:
• ADESA Charlotte Auto Auction, best performance, lease returns and repossessions, Southeastern Region
• ADESA Wisconsin Auto Auction, best performance, lease returns, Midwestern Region
• ADESA Cincinnati/Dayton Auto Auction, best performance, repossessions, Midwestern Region
• ADESA Kansas City Auto Auction, best performance, lease returns, Central Region
• ADESA Tulsa Auto Auction, best performance, repossessions, Central Region
• Manheim’s South Seattle Auto Auction, best performance, lease returns and repossessions, Western Region